At St Mary Multicultural ELC, we ensures the development and educational needs of all children are met though our daily operation and programs. We ensure all children are nurtured to become successful learners in their environment at their own pace. When developing our Educational programs for the service, we refer to the Education and care services national regulations 2011 which sets out requirements for an educational program and practice for a service which coincides with Quality Area one of the National Standards.
Early childhood (0-5 years) is the most important period of a child’s brain development and learning patterns. Therefore, Our curriculum ensures to foster the children’s learning abilities, through providing many fun and challenging opportunities to ensure they achieve the best start to a future full of learning.
Based on the principles of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), and the concept of ‘Learn through Play’, at St Mary Multicultural ELC, we have designed our program with a focus on the 5 key learning outcomes:
1. Children have a strong sense of identity
2. Children are connected with and contribute to their world
3. Children have a strong sense of well being
4. Children are confident and involved learners
5. Children are effective communicators.
Our daily dairy entries at St Mary Multicultural ELC reflect the centre’s philosophy and the Educational program of the children within each age group. The daily dairy outlines:
• Participating Children
• Web Projects/Calendar of Events
• Intentional teaching (learning outcome 4)
• Group time interests (learning outcome 5)
• Music/movement (learning outcome 3)
• Spontaneous & expansion of learning environment activities (learning outcome 1)
• Web Project input (learning outcome 2)
• Family/community input (Principle 2)
• Reflection (principle 5)
For more information about our curriculum, please see our friendly educators at our services.